Weaving Waters Fiber Arts TrailLittle Falls - Brainerd - Staples - Wadena - New York Mills, Minnesota
Welcome to the Weaving Waters Fiber Arts Trail
Articulture’ — where art is our agriculture! Weaving Waters Fiber Arts Trail is a new type of year-round cultural and art studio tour and is right smack-dab in the middle of the Land of 10,000 Lakes. The Trail offers visitors an opportunity to experience Central Minnesota’s rich textile heritage and celebrate the work of the area’s contemporary fiber artists.
Surrounded by gently rolling hills, lakes and flowing rivers, pine, birch and maple forests, locations on the Weaving Waters Trail include local artists, galleries, shops, arts and cultural centers, a retreat center, a new woolen mill in Randall, historical landmarks and small businesses. Each stop on the Trail reflects the diversity of textile and fiber arts from Brainerd to Little Falls, Randall, Staples, Wadena and New York Mills.
Weaving Waters Trail Member Gallery
Weaving Waters Fiber Arts Trail Grand Opening!September 22 - 23, 2017
Our Grand Opening Fiber Arts Weekend event is September 22 – 23, 2017.
- Take a tour of the NEW Old Creamery Woolen Mill in Randall, MN. While you’re there, visit the Old Creamery Quilt Shop and pick up a pie baked by local Amish women.
- View fiber art, wearable art and quilt exhibits at art centers in Little Falls, Brainerd and New York Mills.
- Textile Artist Talk with Karla Overland of Cherrywood Fabrics at the Landmark Inn in Staples on Friday, September 23. Landmark Inn owner, Janet Kiley, welcomes weekend visitors with an evening of live music, wine, appetizers and a chance to meet local artists.
- The first Annual Heritage Arts Fiber Festival is planned for Staples with farms, local suppliers and shops in attendance. Look for upcoming details for weaving demos and knitting classes also at Landmark Inn.
- Cherrywood Fabrics will host tours of their ‘dye room’ where all the magic happens to make their famous ‘sueded cotton’ quilting and sewing fabric.
- Visit local artist studios and shops along US Hwy 10.
- Take a scenic Fall drive in the countryside as you look for barn quilts on the Central Minnesota Barn Quilt Trail.
- Workshops, classes and demo details to come!
If you’re interested in becoming a Trail member, please use the Contact Box below to contact Jennifer Wilder at Midwest Fiber Arts Trails.
Grand Opening Weekend Countdown!